Thursday, January 31, 2008

How Low Can You Go?

You know those days you just want to take it low? You know, the days that are kind of melancholy just for the sake of being melancholy and not any other reason at all? Well, today wasn't one of those days but I just listened to "The Funeral" by Band of Horses and it reminded me of those days. Good song, that one. It makes me feel all artsy inside (Digression: I don't like the word, "artsy," I never have and honestly don't know why I use it). Speaking of feeling artsy...

I dropped French and added Clay Sculpture instead. I know, I know, "How could you?!" you ask. "Meh," say I. I figured it was going to require much more effort than I was willing to invest, especially in a class I don't need. Besides, now instead of conjuring an ulcer 4 days a week, I can play with clay and listen to my iPod 2 days a week. Huzzah!

My mom has a friend from England who goes back often to visit family. Well, this morning my mom said she would be okay with me going with her sometime (provided I pay for the ticket) so I was looking up airfare to London just out of curiosity. It's expensive, but that's not the reason I'm talking about this. I started looking up different places in the US and Canada and I got a little bit excited. I just got a flash of what it would be like if I were actually looking up plane tickets to these places. One way. When I'm finally done with school and I've gotten a job somewhere clean and trendy and cute and rainy. When I get there and secure an apartment the first thing I'm going to do is get a dog. One from the animal shelter that needs a good home. Preferably a potty trained one.

No comments: