Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day Three of New Semester!

Oh dear. I can see that my French class is going to take a whole lot more caffeine than previously thought. I swear I'm missing something. Could it be that my brain isn't a sponge anymore? Has it become hard as a rock? It's possible. This is it, I've entered into the "can't teach an old dog new tricks" years. Dangit...and I always wanted to learn how to play the violin.

Here. Just to prove my dedication to this class let me show you:

Yes, ladies and gentlemen. That is "Annie Get Your Gun" with French subtitles. It's a difficult movie under normal circumstances, nearly unbearable with French, but I made it through at least 30 minutes. At least.

The Portrait Drawing class last night has so far lived up to expectations. I'm so excited! I can't wait to get my hands all grimy with charcoal and ink! Whoopee!

I stayed for a long time in my Photoshop class today. I'm really excited about that class, too. It kind of feels wrong, altering photographs to make them look better. Doesn't it seem like it takes a certain amount of skill out of art? I guess it's just skill in a different capacity.

*Digression*: Don't you hate it when people sit in a highly public area (like the cafeteria in which I am sitting) and have angry conversations on the phone? This particular woman is even sitting at a table with someone else whose eyes have long since glossed over. Oh well, none of my bee's wax.

I think I'm going to go get something hot and lovely (like coffee.) The weather is so cold here!!! I want it to snow! Snow snow snow!

No comments: