Saturday, January 19, 2008

Poetry, How Thee Escapeth Me

Why is it that some people are really good at the poetry thing and some people (like me) are not? I am so horrible at it. I'm emotionally stunted and my rhyming skills are about as good as David Caruso's acting abilities. One time in high school English, we had to write a poem as an exercise. I don't remember the rest of it, but the last stanza went something like this:

Yes, those poets, they are hot
They can rhyme like holy snot
As for me, I cannot
So that is all the poem I've got.

Mmmm. That's the song of my soul right there.

On one last note, as an avid scone-basher I have criticized many a person for eating such things. I have, however, given them a second chance and now, I can't get enough of them. I'm picturing myself in a dark room, door closed, hair wild, madly shoving scones into my mouth before anyone comes home and finds out I'm such a hypocrite. Alas, such is life.

No comments: