Friday, January 18, 2008

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!

We bought a couch the other day and it was delivered today. The delivery people didn't mention until after we had paid for the delivery that they didn't "do" stairs, so we three go-get-'em women (we commandeered a neighbor) hauled it to the second floor; all very satisfying. It's a floral print and as pretentious as the Queen but, eh. It's been so long since we've even had a couch in our house that I've forgotten how fabulous it is. Great for sick, antisocial and comfort days. Oh, and knitting.

I mentioned before that I had some knitting to do, little did I know it would blossom into a full-blown maniacal obsession. First up on my knitting list: bags.
Bags, galore! And as you can see here, Grandma and I can never have enough bags. I'm very excited.

So, I've been thinking quite a bit lately and I'm just ready for a change. I'm ready for a career and a place of my own. It's not that I don't like living at home, because I do, it's just that I'm getting older and feeling more independent and our little apartment is starting to feel smaller and our town more funky by the day. I'm going North, baby! You know though, it's probably the cabin fever talking. I'm really looking forward to classes starting. Tuesday's just around the corner! Life will be back to its normal rhythm and all will be well with the world.

Re-instated Interesting Fact of the Day: A hemorrhoid-relief commercial wanted to use Johnny Cash's song, "Ring of Fire." His family refused.

beannachd leat

No comments: