Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'm Sick of Rhyming, How 'Bout You?

My mom and I went to a craft store down in Sacramento today. There we were, just driving, minding our own business, when I look off to the right and what do I see? Two men, in plain view of the road, peeing on the side of a Target. Geez.

At the fabric store I got 2 skeins of yarn. I'm really excited to use them but I'm forcing myself to finish the projects I'm working on now. I need a clean conscience when I knit. Speaking of knitting, I've noticed a distinct trend amongst some knitting blogs I've visited lately. 1) Pictures of random things completely unrelated to knitting, specifically, food. 2) All are in eastern, snowy areas. 3) All have cats and/or pugs.

Well, I don't have a cat, we failed at the doggage and I live on the West coast but I've decided to continue in at least one of these traditions (although I'm not a "knitting" blog) and post more pictures. I'm hoping it'll spruce up my blog and make things more interesting rather than a collection of long-winded posts, much like this one. Unfortunately, I have no pictures to post. I brought my camera with me today but I didn't take any pictures. I'm kicking myself for not snapping a picture of The Urinators.

A couple of days ago I was sitting in the living room, going about my business, when I heard a thump, thump, thump, BANG, thump, thump, BANG, thump, thump, BANG outside my door. Yes, it was our near-weekly telephone book delivery. My mom has become so fed-up with the sheer number of phone books in our house that she refuses to pick them up when they appear on our doorstep. I can't pick them up because she yells and threatens to disown me. Eventually, they just disappear and as a matter of fact, I just heard a rustle of a plastic bag which I'm sure were the sounds of it sprouting legs and walking away. I wonder where it went...

I've started wearing my retainers again after a 3 month hiatus and when I take it off I can feel my teeth going, creak! twang! boing! back to their comfortable, crooked ways. I will have none of it! I'm going to force them into submission!

Alright, I suppose that's enough for now. I really would like to post more but I risk making those "long-winded posts" I'm trying to avoid.

Interesting fact of the day: The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.

No comments: