Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's a Good Thing I Like This Stuff...

This day has been packed with art. By packed I mean there was not a moment I wasn't creating/thinking about art. It's a bit exhausting. I woke up, went to class where I presented my art for a midterm review, then spent the next 3 hours sculpting/scheming about my new project. I then ran to get a transcript so I could apply to an art scholarship (due tomorrow, $2500). Then ran home, worked on Portrait Drawing homework, ran to class and drew (drew? that doesn't feel right. 'practiced the art of drawing') for the next 2.5 hours and then ran home and immediately put media to hand to refine the 'ol portfolio for aforementioned scholarship, due tomorrow. When my scholarship packet is done I have to do a quick texture/drawing for Photoshop, scan, arrange (project due tomorrow). I still have hours before I sleep.

[Inhale, exhale]

So I took some pictures of my Sculpture projects today:

'Working Woman':

and a bust of an old man, still in the concept/beginning stages:
This is just the idea sketch, a-symmetrical arms, beard, poofy hair.

Here's about an hour's worth of work:

I kind of like this stage, the 'What the heck is that?!' stage. It looks horrible then horrible then more horrible and then all of the sudden, I start to like it.

P.S. The lighting in the clay room is fantastic. From now on all of my pictures will be taken from this room.
P.P.S. Wish me luck on the scholarship!

No comments: