Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pop Couture

The sun is shining, the birds are flying, the temperature is rising and the pants are shortening. Do you know what that means, pasty white community? That's right! Sunless tanner. Orange citizens unite!

Does it make me a bad art student if I listen to and enjoy the top 10 songs on Billboard? I own half of them. Pfft. I don't care. I like some catchy, mindless music to dance to when I brush my teeth.

Current television obsession: 30 Rock. I watched the first and second season in 3 days. It is creepy that I have a crush on Kenneth?

Artists block has once again reared it's ugly head. It's okay. I'm rolling with it. In class on Wednesday, I forced myself to go back to the beginning; to take individual parts of the face and focus on it rather than worrying about the whole. It helped a bit. I'm just pushing through. I haven't stopped drawing, but I haven't allowed myself to stress too much about it. That just makes it worse, anyway.

Also, to help with my block, I've been knitting more. It keeps the hands limber. I've finally freed up my size 9 circular needle so I can work on this cute jacket I've been wanting to knit. I'll post a picture or two of what I've finished recently in the next couple of days.

No comments: