Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Neurosis

I want to be an illustrator. 2 hours ago, I wanted to be an animator. By tonight, I'll want to do visual effects. I'm doing some intense research on art schools, which ones are plausible, affordable, etc.

So as I was (mostly) taking a break from technology this weekend I started doing a bit of introspection and discovered I have a lot of odd quirks and neurosis (mostly neurosis):

  • I carry packets of creamer in my purse just in case there's a coffee emergency and there isn't any readily available
  • I play Jeopardy online and I like it
  • When people touch my shoulders it sends a shock wave down my spine
  • My oranges have to be completely white-free. If there's even the slightest hint of whiteness I gag. It takes me about an hour to eat one
  • I mouth hypothetical conversations to myself as I walk around in public. I never thought of it as being strange until I saw someone else do it and then I realized I look like the bag lady who roams the residential areas
  • I can't just watch one episode of a season. I have to watch and watch until I've conquered the whole series. More often than not it's within a day
  • I cannot stand the smell of fake lemon scent. When I was younger, I spent a day blorching into a lemon scented trash bag. I've never been the same
Other than that I'm pretty normal.

2 comments:

c.c. said...

it's not that weird to have hypothetical conversations... is it? hypothetically speaking...

and when i was in sixth grade i had the worst stomach flu of my life. my mother made me eat jello, but all it made me do was throw up in many different colors. needless to say i dont eat a lot of flavored gelatin these days.

Anonymous said...

hahahah you started using someecards like meeeeeeeeee so now do i get a spot on your linkage of "inspiration"s??!?!

i have hypothetical conversations in my head...but usually with accents i'd like to test out. hopefully i haven't been mouthing them :S