Friday, April 25, 2008

Go Outside!

#4 Go to a movie by myself - mission accomplished.

Today has been a wonderful day. The sun is shining once again, the mud swallows are out in full force, the wind is whipping and I'm drinking it all in. I walked, that's right, walked to the movie theater to watch "Baby Mama" by myself. I do my part to save the environment. I had always wondered what it was like to go to see a movie by myself. Some tried to stop me, but no, I was determined. Now, I am never going to the movie theater with anyone ever again. It was so much fun! I didn't have to worry about anyone having a good time, I didn't have to sacrifice my opinions of the movie because my companion loved or hated it. I laughed when I wanted to, didn't when I didn't. No one bothered me, I had the popcorn all to myself. Sigh. It was extraordinary.

Oh the movie? It was good. Actually, it may be one of my new favorites. It wasn't over the top spectacular, but it was cute and funny and not overly sappy and when I grow up I want to be Tina Fey.

This is a portrait from Monday night. I like it. It's rare that I ever truly like something I draw. It's a little messy around the edges but I think I'm going to fix it up and do something with it. Maybe...county fair? Hm.

1 comment:

c.c. said...

YES county fair absolutely.

i read two reviews of Baby Mama yesterday that (surprisingly) made me kind of want to see it, but when i casually and noncommittally mentioned this to Kevin he seemed thoroughly underwhelmed, so i kept my true feelings hidden. maybe i will take myself to see it. or maybe i will wait til it's at the dollar theatre.

you do remind me of Tina Fey, somehow.