Thursday, March 27, 2008

Junk, Fodder, Spring Cleaning...Yard Sale, Anyone?

I used to think that my mom's second hand items obsession was tacky and embarrassing. I'm not totally converted but with my new perspective on life I'm starting to think it's kind of awesome. She'll take an old couch and reupholster it, buy an old cabinet that could easily be in an antique store but because it's at a thrift store it's 2 bucks. Finding little gems amongst a clutter of trash has a certain amount of triumph and accomplishment. As much as I swore I would never buy anything second-hand when I was younger, I have a feeling I'm at the top of a slippery slope and there's no where to go but down.

This is how I think: "Geez, I need a pet. It would be great fodder for my blog. If I lived in a great picturesque place, my blog would look so awesome. Oh a new drawing....blawg it!" I kid you not. I spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about this dark little corner of the internet. Speaking about it being a dark corner, it's time for some Spring cleaning. Let's open up the windows in this joint and let in some fresh air. I'm dedicating part of this weekend to rejuvenation.

Dr. Phil always manages to put my life into perspective. My mom and I have a really great life. We have little to no drama, we're emotionally stable, have no real problems other than the day-to-day issues. I like it that way. I'm pretty sure my life will be longer because of it.

No comments: