Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Reality?! HUH! What is it Good For? Absolutely Nothing, Say it Again...

Life is much more real than I care to accept. I like to happily delude myself into thinking I can do absolutely anything despite annoying details like degrees, schools and regions. Tonight, while in the mist of researching some perfectly wonderful delusions, I came across a perfectly unwonderful slap in the face. Money. I think I'm just going to have to come to grips with the starving artist label and give up on the luxury condo idea.

I saw two movies tonight: "Juno" and "Becoming Jane". "Juno," despite the rambunctious tweenagers in the front row of the movie theater, was really cute. It ended up being completely different from what I was expecting and actually enjoyed it's weird quirkyness. My favorite character was Michael Cera who was so dang cute I just wanted to pinch his little cheeks the whole time. [Die hard "Arrested Development" fan. I have Gob's "Final Countdown" as my ringtone.] The only thing I didn't like was Jason Bateman's character which I liked until I hated. The situation between him and Ellen Page [Juno] was cute but then strange and a little unclear and I felt like I was left with some unanswered questions.

"Becoming Jane" was also good, but unfortunately based on real life so it couldn't be shallow and end happily like I wanted it to. Let me just say this, it ended without ripping a hole in my soul. Hey, I get very involved in movies.

I would give a synopsis of each but 1) I'm fading fast 2) you can find a much better one somewhere else and 3) to be honest I'm having a hard time distinguishing between the two. Did Jane puke in an urn? No, no, that was Juno. Was Juno in love with a Fawn? Dangit. No, that was Anne Hathaway. Did Jack Black collaborate with Mos Def to recreate VHS classics like "Driving Miss Daisy" and "Ghostbusters" while socially inept Jr. Highers made a spectacle of themselves and I contemplated chucking popcorn in their general direction? Oh. Yes. But that was during a preview.

In a gesture of self-pity, I'm going to snag the last brownie. Don't tell my mom.

No comments: