Saturday, May 3, 2008

Ode to Cleanliness

I have officially assumed responsibility of all household cleaning. I figured it was fair. My mom works and I don't. It's reasonable that I should clean in between classes and homework. The truth is, though, I'm not a neat and tidy person. Any of my roommates will attest to this. I'm not sure how this new arrangement is going to work out.

When I was going to school in LA, we had a cleaning lady named Carol. She, to this day, was one of the most selfless people I have ever met. She was always happy, always ready for a chat, clean things that were totally not her responsibility to clean. We'd do little things for her, leave her "We <3 you!" messages on the bathroom mirror (that she'd later have to clean), give her a Christmas present. Let me tell you. I had no idea how wonderful that woman was until I had to clean my own coffee maker. So Carol, if by some wildly unlikely chance you ever read this, I'm sorry I didn't appreciate you more.

2 comments:

c.c. said...

yeah, carol. she's cool.

c.c. said...

oh and as a former roommate, yes, i concur.