Wednesday, May 21, 2008

And...we're back!

I am 100% officially done with what should have been my Senior year of college. Don't panic. All is well. Normally I'd be melting into a big puddle of goo, but I'm feeling good. I have broken out of college limbo and I'm progressing forward. Praise the Lord.

Sorry about the lack of blogage lately. I've just been completely unable to formulate words lately, maybe the stress of finals week. Now I'm done and I just might be back here full time. I took home all of my sculpture pieces today:

This started as a full head/bust sculpture and decided I liked it better as just a face. I wanted it to look kind of broken. Broken and earthy and rustic are terms that are starting to define my art. I'm happy with that.

Here's that Rodin torso I posted a while ago. I glazed it. I liked the way it turned out. I think I may just be over my fear of glazes.

Winston Randall IV is glazed too! He doesn't really have two pupils on his left eye. It's a trick of the light. He stands up, but not very well. I think I'm going to have to put him on a stand.

So, remember a while back when I said "today I am an artist because someone offered me money for my artwork"? Well, it doesn't even compare to actually selling your artwork. Something I did today. Yes, that's right. This is a picture of the first dollar I've ever made as an artist. Ew, that makes me sound so...commercial. I didn't take a picture of the piece I sold but I'll probably make another one. It was really hard to part with it. But I made 25 bucks. Score!

And finally, I lied about the bike. Today, we drove miles and miles for this adorable bike. No one had them because apparently they're hot stuff. This bike makes me day dream of warm summer days in the city and biking to church. With my little basket. And a bell. Brring, brring. Scream with excitement!

No comments: