Thursday, January 29, 2009

You're it!

So I did this meme thing on Facebook and it just screamed "free blog post!" so here it 'tis:

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.

1. I have never been outside of the US. Not even Mexico or Canada
2. I think the American spelling of "realize" looks all wrong.
3. Until very recently, I was under the impression Audi was spelled Outie. Like the belly button.
4. Legally, my name is spelled "Ashely"
5. When I was at my best friend's house in elementary school, I careened out of control down her vertical driveway on her pedal backwards bike. There was a wooden wall at the end.
6. I knit. A lot.
7. In 3rd grade my partner wanted to leave our project as an example for the teacher. When she left for the day, I grabbed it to take home. She came back in the classroom right as my teacher was asking if I was taking it. I said yes like a giant doof and my partner gave me the biggest death stare of my life. I ended up throwing it away out of guilt. That day has haunted me ever since.
8. When it comes to art, I get really competitive. To a fault. It's very unattractive.
9. If coffee were a man, I would marry him.
10. I would be happy if it rained 24/7, as long as I never had to leave my house.
11. I have an irrational fear of people dressed up in costumes. Disneyland, Halloween, Santa Claus. Not. Happening.
12. That said, one of my fondest memories of Biola is of the Biola eagle mascot coming to our dorm room and chasing Katelyn down the hallway.
13. School supplies are my guilty pleasure. I'm a sucker for the pencil aisle.
14. Mashed potatoes and garlic bread are my two favorite foods. Given the opportunity, I will live off of them.
15. I have seen every episode of Stargate: SG1, Stargate: Atlantis, Star Trek: The Next Generation, and Star Trek: Voyager. Because, you see, I'm a geek.
16. I love my job.
17. I'm applying to two art schools. Both are on the ocean, just not the same one.
18. When I was in Jr. High, I would put on a microphone headset and pretend I was mission control in my room.
19. For 9 years of my life, I was absolutely convinced I was going to be an astrophysicist.
20. I sort of make an effort to draw every day.
21. I have 24 cousins.
22. If I could pick anywhere in the world to visit it would probably be either 1) Italy, 2) Scotland or 3) England.
23. A.W. Tozer's "Knowledge of the Holy" is probably one of the best books I've ever read.
24. "Beauty and the Beast" is one of the most romantic movies ever created.
25. I have seen "Pride and Prejudice" (with Collin Firth) and "Persuasion" (with CiarĂ¡n Hinds) more times than I can count (at least once a week) and are, as far as I'm concerned, the absolute best Jane Austen movies ever created.

I'm tagging neighbour, carissa and linell. Go!

No comments: