Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today? Yeah, Pretty Historic

Today was Inauguration Day and still is for another 45 minutes. I'm going to be honest. I didn't vote for Barak Obama and I don't agree with many of his policies. But as I was watching the oath of office and the festivities surrounding this significant day, I couldn't help but swell with pride and get just a twinge emotional. The elections are over, the country has made it's choice and we have a new president. Now, more than politics, more than personal views one way or another, I have a responsibility now. A responsibility to give our new president the respect he deserves and to, most importantly, pray for him. I absolutely, sincerely want this new administration to make wise decisions regarding our country, its people and the world. But as some are saying: tomorrow, we'll get down to business; today, we set aside our differences and party.

No comments: