Thursday, January 8, 2009

Growing Up

So hearkening back to my small New Year's life crisis. I'm realizing that I'm getting older, not younger. Well, obviously. It's hitting home and it's about time I do away with some childish things. Become more of an adult. It's a big switch, it means I can't say some things any more. Things that are sort of my trademark. Like, "poo face" and "Ohmagosh!" It means I'm going to have to say goodbye to things like chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and say hello to more mature things like Cheerios or...Special K. I may have to put away my beloved bright green Converse, though I'm not quite ready for that big of a switch yet. It's all in preparation for my transition into real life because no matter where I end up next year, I'm going to have to take care of myself and possibly others. I need to be prepared.

Oh, and one last note on the age issue. I do know I'm definitely into the time in my life when "you've grown" no longer means, "you're taller." Family members be warned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww no need to give up the ice cream. It just needs to become your dirty lil secret :)

Laura

Ps I think it is okay for artists to wear green converse at any age!