Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolve. Not just a cleaning product.

New Year's is hands down my least favorite holiday. New Year's Eve is the worst of it. I can't help it, it's a sickness. So normally, I'm in staunch opposition to New Year's resolutions, something about the fact that no one really keeps them. But since everyone else is doing them and I'm a bandwagon kinda person, here's my short list (for maximizing my chances of success) of New Year's resolutions.

1) Be more organized. Please. My room is begging me.
2) Learn, or make steps to learn an obscure instrument (Ex: banjo, ukulele, accordion, didgeridoo)
3) Be more disciplined (which really, encompasses #1 and most anything else I could list here)
4) Gain the nickname, "The Finisher" for my amazing aptitude for completing knitting projects.
5) Tend less towards the cynical

I also realized today that in a few months I will be 23 years old. 22 is okay, I've had time to get used to it, 23 is a whole new ballpark. 23 means responsibilities and maturity. 23 means starting real life. I'm considering starting to lie about my age.

No comments: