Friday, September 5, 2008

A Semester Begins

There's a hole-in-the-wall BBQ shop across the parking lot from our cafe. The owner just opened it a couple weeks ago and already he's stolen a few of our regular lunch crowd. You know what? Nobody cares. The meaty goodness hiding between those walls is powerful enough to make a grown man cry. We ate there for dinner tonight. I wasn't even really sure of what I was eating. All I know is there was meat and bread and all I could do was lift to mouth, inhale.

It turns out this semester I have absolutely no free time (minus the time I found to blog this). I'm away from home Monday and Wednesday from 6am to 10pm and Tuesdays and Thursdays aren't much different. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday I'm either doing homework, working or going to church. 

Right now it's all a convoluted mess of activities in my head, but as soon as I find my day planner amidst the disaster zone of my room, I'll be able to focus on it all and get my ducks in a row. I've already had a few breakthroughs in my art education and it's only the second week of classes. I dreamed about being an animator last night.

I'm starting to look at art schools for either a second Bachelor's or a Master's and I'm getting so excited. I can't even handle it. I'll be out of school in at most two years which really isn't that long is it? Nah. I can do it.

My mom just got called for jury duty. I'm terrified I'm next. My plan: mumble to myself and talk to my pocket. I suggested it to my mom but I'm not convinced she's going to take my advice.

No comments: