Tuesday, June 17, 2008

RIP Computer (until we get it fixed)

Yes, as my previous, rather vague post said, my computer died. I knew this day would come, but I just wasn't prepared for it as soon as this. I am now forced to either, 1) go to the public library and use their fecal-ridden computers or 2) stay home and "use" our (no joke) Windows 95 emergency computer. 95. Windows. Dial-up. I was 9 years old when it was a glimmer in Microsoft's eye. It is, however, running far better than my non-running laptop so who am I to complain? All this means is that I have to be a little more goal-oriented and structured when I go online. This could be good. Also, it's forcing me to get off my behind and do something constructive. I've taken up watercolor! I'm madly in love. It was a whirlwind engagement ending in a quickie Vegas wedding.

So to end this post I shall tell you a little story: I just came from Target where I acquired the munchies. I wandered to the popcorn section because I've been craving it lately and there's been nary a kernel in our pantry for quite some time. I happened to glance to my right only to see not one, but two ripped open, half eaten doughnut boxes. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but you have to be pretty low on the social ladder if you have to steal chocolate Hostess doughnuts and then stuff them behind the 100 Calorie Popcorn. That's like a step above stealing candy from babies and a step below shoving popcorn behind the toilet paper, somthing I did when I realized I wanted Chex Mix more. Hhhh...what is this country coming to?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHHAA

Anonymous said...

I miss you. Come back to me. Ps-Milo is getting anxious about his sweater.


<3

Emily said...

you CRACK me up.
your posts are so funny.

i miss you.