Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fug or Fab?

On occasion, I switch on the 'ol Photo Booth on my Mac just to check out the situation: food in the teeth, makeup in order, hair arranged. It's vain, I know, but so practical. So tonight I indulged a little just to see what's what and this is what I see (prepare yourselves):

SCREAM!

I'm feeling very vulnerable by showing you this picture, so for my ego's sake pretend there's nothing wrong with it, but the hair! So drab, so blah, so...IGH! I took a break from furiously animating (huge project due tomorrow; % completed: 8) to do some serious maintenance. After consulting some reliable photo reference and floating away on a P!nk cloud, I took scissors to hair and came out with this:

That's right my friends, I have front bangs. I haven't had front bangs since high school (the 90's, must-also-have-braces, solid kind. Say it with me, "dis-as-ter"). You can't really see it in the picture but there's some mean layerage going on here. I'm pretty happy with it. Can't really say I went from fug to fab but we've definitely moved out of the fug phase (if I do say so myself).

I spent the entire wonderful weekend in San Francisco visiting neighbour and the fam. I'm going to have to put off the newsy post until tomorrow if I am to pass my cartooning class. Pictures included. I know, I know, I really shouldn't try so hard but what can I say, I'm a giver.

No comments: