Thursday, November 13, 2008

Feeling Fallish

Oh. Man. How do I explain this? My excitement for the seasonal changes could only be matched by a 60's screaming pre-teen at a Beatles concert. I think I'm noticing the color changes more this year. I can't wait until I have my own apartment so I can use Fall as my color palette.

Latest obsession: Ballet. Not kidding. I started doing some research for an animation project and suddenly I feel cheated out of pointe shoes and a tutu. Gah, Childhood! Why couldn't you have granted me these things?!

Caryn, my boss, lent me her Nikon D70 for a little photo shoot for some reference material (Also animation project, it's under wraps. Very hush hush. I will eventually spill the beans. It's in my nature. But I digress...). Holy can of beans. It's the best thing I've ever laid hands on. It only took me 2 hours to figure out how to turn off the flash. I can't wait for tomorrow and sunlight to roll around so I can start taking some serious shots. Flex my artistic muscles once again.

I've felt so stifled lately. I think it's because I usually rely so much on my classes to satisfy that art craving but lately the subject matter has been a little...mmm...not my style. I'm actually scheduling free art time so I can just be me.

There are, to be exact, 8 days of blasé art left in this semester. Oh wow. Really? Only 8?! Excellent.

No comments: