Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Let's play catch-up

Gosh. It feels so nice to be able to blog when I feel like it again. Seriously, you don't appreciate things until they're gone. It's an old cliche, but so true. 

So what's different since we spoke last? Really spoke, not just a quick jot in the middle of the freezing county library. Well, not much actually. I'm employed. I cleaned my room for the first time in months. I started paying some of my own bills (boo, Maturity.) I've acquired some routines. I've (almost) sworn off coffee and replaced it with tea, but you knew that. I grab a cup of chamomile tea, make sure it's cold enough in my house so I can wear a slouchy sweater and a blanket and sit down to watch Friends. It's a show I haven't really watched since my dorm days but I'm remembering why I watched it so often. It makes me feel good and gives me a good laugh before I go to bed much earlier than I've been used to in the past. It's like I've aged a good 10 years in the last month. 

But then, since I've been going to bed earlier, I've been getting up earlier which 1) makes my day longer, 2) puts me in a better mood and 3) makes me feel healthier. Who would have known what I've been missing out on for the past...22 years. Huh. What a coincidence, it's tea and Friends time. I will be back tomorrow, and this time I can actually hold to my promise!

2 comments:

neighboUr said...

*sigh*.

the drifter... said...

how interesting. three of my friends have decided to watch Friends again. is this some epidemic? it's so weird. you know, i never watched Friends while it was in syndication, but now that people have been bit by the nostalgia bug, i'm experiencing the hilarity for the very first time.