Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hear that? It's the sound of raw adventure.

It has occurred to me as I sit here, watching Baywatch reruns and sipping my sugarfree hazelnut latte that I'm fully unencumbered. I'm young, I'm single, I'm only mildly in debt, I could be living it up like it's 1999. And yet, I sit here, knitting. It's not that I'm saying knitting is a bad thing, as a matter of fact I love it, but what's wrong with knitting while hiking up a mountain? Or snowboarding down one. Knitting on a train to the east coast or maybe a plane to Europe? I mean, it's not exactly as if I have the money to do these things, but there's got to be a way to get out and live life on a budget before I get old(er) and attached. There isn't anything wrong with being old(er) and attached. Actually, I look forward to it one day, but for right now, I need to take advantage of my circumstances before they're gone. If anyone has any ideas, I'm a listening ear.

Oh, and speaking of knitting, there's only one problem with agreeing to knit something really great for a friend. I don't want to give it up. Can't you just sense it's greatness? I'm crying bitter tears of resentment. It doesn't look like much yet but very soon it will.

Notice coffee in hand.

2 comments:

c.c. said...

dear ashely, i need you to furnish me with the appropriate knitted accoutrements so that i do not freeze to death come winter near this goshforsaken giant puddle called lake michigan. we have approximately 30 days before the invasion begins. help me, ashely young, you're my only hope.

neighboUr said...

is that for meeeeeeeeee

"IS DAT MAI COWWWWWWWWL?!"
(ahnold)