Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Graceful? No.

I rue the day I ever heard this song. Why? Let me tell you. For approximately one year I have tried to play it on the piano. It's not overly complicated. It's a fairly simple song. It's pretty. But measure 30 and 32 have signed a pact with the devil to destroy my confidence and my self esteem. My thumb refuses to find the right spot when coming out of that grace note.

I needed a good angry rant and as an only child this is my outlet.

Thank you for listening.

This is my canvas. It has taken me 3 days to make it look like a monkey splattered poo on it. Although, I have to say, I'm much prouder of this poo than its previous incarnation: a Pepto Bismol colored cloth hanging over a crooked easel. I decided to start again from square one and just paint the background.

No comments: