Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tick

My professor picks up the painting and pretends one side weighs a lot. She points to the offending element, "Ashely," she says, "It's really heavy."
"But Marisa," I say, "I'm breaking the rules of composition." Hhh, clearly.
She sort of rolls her eyes and gives me a look, "Well, yeah, but the point is to make it work."

Thank you for your honesty.

Composition aside, I'm getting better, no? I feel kind of like I'm ready to get serious about painting.



My mom and I are sitting silently in the living room, waiting for our totally awesome new pendulum clock to chime. The first minute of ticking was kind of peaceful. Like a heartbeat. The longer I sit here though...tick tick, tick tick, tick tick, TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICKTICKTIKCK!!!!!!!

I'm afraid when I inherit this clock, it will be going somewhere far away from my bedroom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

c.c. said...

i know i should say something smart about your art, but what i really need to tell you is: whatever your hair's doing, tell it to keep it up. it looks fabulous.