Friday, September 18, 2009

Music Friday - City and Colour

Let's try this music thing again. I could call it Music Monday, but that would be conforming to the man.

I woke up this morning and suddenly craved City and Colour. So good, so folksy. I don't know why I hadn't heard of these guys until about a year ago. It's the solo project of Dallas Green also of the Canadian metal band Alexisonfire. It happens that while City and Colour makes me want to curl up with a good book and a steaming cup of coffee, Alexisonfire makes me want to smash that cup of coffee over the head of a stranger. Completely opposite styles of music.

His new(ish) album "Bring Me Your Love" seems to be one part self-loathing, one part introspective and one part adorable. The album evokes so many emotions while you're listening to it that it's hard to settle on just one. Green shares his thoughts on love and forgiveness, death, the nature of humanity in a way that seems so raw and intimate. I love it.

Listen a little, watch this fantastic video, decide for yourself.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

holy crap! when he said, "Just broke a string" at the end, I almost fell out of my chair. FREAKY.