Wednesday, December 19, 2007

6 Days 'Till Christmas!

Isn't it interesting how we all have sections to our memory? Mine are defined by smells and music. Every once in a while I'll catch a whiff of a perfume I used in high school or the smell of Elmer's Glue and whoosh! I'm back in the locker room or sitting at my 2nd grade desk, learning about manatees. Once I hit college, I started to get really into music. Each year has a different collection of songs. Show tunes, John Mayer and Maroon 5 for freshman year; Jason Mraz, Deathcab and Postal Service for sophomore year; Sufjan Sevens, Josh Groban, Cat Stevens and the Amelie Soundtrack for Junior year. Currently, I've expanded my horizons to all of Yann Tiersen, newer Bruce Springsteen, Rosemary Clooney, I've revived some Michael Buble, and some miscellaneous folksy stuff.

It's a shame that my "sections" aren't defined by something more profound, but there you have it.

And seeing as it's about to be the new year, I've decided to write down an advance copy of my New Year's resolutions (that I will never keep):

1. Do my best to stop wearing clothes that make me look like a transient
2. Loose extra "hibernation weight" that has shown up during the holiday season.
3. Wash hands more often
4. Stop procrastinating (like I'm doing right now)
5. Bring nerdy back
6. Become renowned artist and get job with large Sci-fi TV show and make loads of money

What I would really like to do right now is focus on how I'm going to do #6, but unfortunately, it's finals week and I have to stop being a looser and focus on how I'm going to pass World Civ with an A. (My last GE!) So I suppose I'll have to say goodbye for now...even though I don't want to...please don't make me...I think I'll play some solitaire...hhhhh...okay...bye.

No comments: