Friday, February 22, 2008

Oh. "Artistic" is a Nice Substitute for "Artsy". Sometimes I Feel Dumb.

Today was very nearly a very perfect day. I woke up early (despite a late night) and it was raining (hallelujah!). I heated up my apricot scone, made some coffee, sat down on my comfy couch with ye ol' laptop, Stargate Atlantis Season 1 playing in the background, my knitting in hand and took deep, cleansing breaths. I spent the whole day in this very exact position. Then tonight I had a Cup of Soup (speed meal of kings) a glass of merlot and...knitting. Surprisingly though, I've been at it all day and I have absolutely nothing to show for it. I keep starting and then restarting different projects, unable to settle on anything.

Here are some things I have finished lately, though:

Stella's Hat, which I love and will wear every time I feel "artsy". (I really need to learn a new word for that. I cringe every time. Every time! I'm thesaurus.com-ing it right now...)


Finally! The Endpaper Mitts from Eunny Jang. I've only made one, but I don't have the gumption (I can't believe I just used that word) to finish the other. Also, it turned out way longer than I thought it would so I might do a bit of adjusting...)


I have a series of new favorites lately:

New Favorite Music: ADELE (yes, it was a free iTunes download, and yes, I suck at music.)
New Favorite thing to Knit/Wear: Hats
New Favorite Danish (is it a danish?): Apricot Scones
New Favorite Food: Spaghetti (I've hated spaghetti my whole life and then suddenly, this week, I couldn't get enough of it.)
New Favorite Coffee: Soy Hazelnut Latté
New Favorite Dessert: Dark Black Chocolate. (I'd eat the bean if I didn't think I would die.)
New Favorite Website: Copenhagen Cycle Chic

I'm going to go see if I can force myself into actually finishing a knitting project...

No comments: